REACH Studio Art Center (REO Town – Lansing, MI) has made the most of their new Courtyard Concept Design, by Elements Studio, Inc. to successfully raise $48,000 through their Crowdfunding Campaign. Since they’ve achieved their goal, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation will double REACH’s funds with a 100% match!
REACH currently serves over 1,000 kids in their undersized space. REACH’s staff has certainly made the most of what they have! Their vision for this new courtyard space is no less imaginative. In collaboration with REACH we’ve developed a space that offers:
- Open grass for children to run around / play games
- Community movie wall with seating for at least 75 moveable chairs
- Stage that can be used to showcase childrens’ art and performances
- Vegetable plots for educating children about healthy foods
- Rain barrels to collect water from roof near to vegetable plots for ease of watering
- Patio space for childrens’ snack times / staff meetings / education on vegetable gardening
And let’s not forget that REACH with the help of Studio Intrigue Architects is relocating their main entrance to be within this courtyard. It’s an ambitious plan, but one that will be thrilling to see implemented. We have been so honored to be a part of this project!
Leave a Reply